I’m so excited to share my third book, The Star and the Strange Moon with you! Many of you have asked if pre-ordering the book is important! The answer is “yes!” Pre-orders are so important to writers because booksellers (both physical and digital) often determine future orders by the strength of first week’s sales. To thank you for pre-ordering the book, I’m offering a special gift pack to everyone who orders a copy of The Star and the Strange Moon between now and November 13th! Also, two grand prize winners will receive some unique and vintage film gifts! 😍 I’m so excited to share some of the products that we’ve created for this book.
Please make sure to submit your proof of purchase below so you can receive all your gifts and be entered in the grand prize drawing!
Thank you so much for reading!
Pre-order a copy of THE STAR AND THE STRANGE MOON from any retailer, and upload a proof of your purchase using the form below to receive:
EVERYONE in the U.S. who pre-orders before November 13th:
- One Autographed Bookplate
- One Bookmark
- One Movie Poster Sticker for L’Etrange Lune
- Invitation to a Zoom Book Club Chat with the Author
- Two entries in the grand prize drawing!
TWO GRAND PRIZE WINNERS who pre-order before November 13th will also receive:
- One Canvas tote bag
- One 11”x17” Original Movie Poster for L’Etrange Lune
- One vintage movie tin
- One acrylic keychain for your keys (eagle-eye readers will know what this means!)
No purchase is necessary to enter to win the grand prize, you can also get one entry by signing up for my newsletter (if you’re already signed up, send an email to email@example.com for your free entry). However, all of the pre-order gift items above do require proof of pre-order.
- A signed and personalized digital bookplate (to print and stick inside your book, turning it into a signed copy!)
- Invitation to the Zoom Book Club chat with the Author
FILL OUT THIS FORM FOR YOUR PRE-ORDER GIFT
Pre-Order Gift Form
- You must pre-order a hardcover, audiobook or eBook copy before November 13, 2023, to be eligible to receive the pre-order gift.
- You must be 13 years or older to participate. If you’re younger than 13, please ask a parent or guardian to fill out the form for you.
- You must upload your proof of purchase to be eligible. This can include a photograph, screenshot, scan, or copy of your original sales receipt. A picture of the book itself does not qualify.
- You can order from any retailer. If you don’t want to order online, most bookstores will take pre-orders over the phone or in-store.
- Limited to one prize pack per person.
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO I CLAIM MY GIFT?
Fill out the form above and be sure to upload an image of your receipt.
HOW WILL I KNOW MY SUBMISSION WAS SUCCESSFUL?
You will receive a confirmation email after submitting your pre-order info! If you haven’t received one within a few hours of your submission, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll double-check that everything went through correctly.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY GIFT?
Pre-order gifts will be shipped out in the order submissions are received. You can expect to receive yours no later than December 1st. Grand prize winners will be announced November 15th.
IF I ALSO PRE-ORDER A COPY FOR A FRIEND, DO WE EACH GET A PRIZE PACK?
Yes. However, your friend will need to fill out the form and submit their proof of purchase separately.
I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION…
If you have any further questions or notice an issue with this website or submission form, please shoot us an email at email@example.com.
About the book
The Star and the Strange Moon is a haunting tale of ambition, obsession, and the eternal mystery and magic of film.
A vanished star. A haunted film. A mystery only love can unravel…
1968: Gemma Turner once dreamed of stardom. Now the actress is on the cusp of obscurity. When she’s offered the lead in a radical new horror film, Gemma believes her luck has changed—but her dream is about to turn into a nightmare. One night, between the shadows of an alleyway, Gemma disappears on set and is never seen again. Yet, Gemma is alive. She’s been pulled into the film. And the script—and the monsters within it—are coming to life. Gemma must play her role perfectly if she hopes to survive.
2007: Gemma Turner’s disappearance is one of Hollywood’s greatest mysteries—one that’s captivated film student Christopher Kent ever since he saw L’Étrange Lune for the first time. The screenings only happen once a decade and each time there is new, impossible footage of Gemma that shouldn’t exist. Curiosity drives Christopher to unravel the truth. But answers to the film’s mystery may leave him trapped by it forever.